Friday, January 23, 2015

Happy National Pie Day!

Once again, January 23 brings us National Pie Day.

In honor of such an important holiday, I thought I would put together a list of pies that I have baked recently. Why? Because thinking about pie makes me happy, and, more important, people will ask me what pie they might want to sponsor for Pies Against Cancer 2015, and this way I can just direct them to this list.

Pies I baked for the party in 2014:
Apple Pie
Blueberry Pie
Pecan Pie (now, without corn syrup!)
Buttermilk Pie (fan favorite)
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Treacle Tart
Chocolate Silk Pie
Chocolate Chess Pie
Aztec Chocolate Pie
Key Lime Pie
Razzle Dazzle Pie (mixed berries)

Pies I've baked in previous years:

Cranberry Orange Walnut (not sure why this isn't more popular)
Shaker (Meyer) Lemon Pie
Tuscaloosa Tollhouse Pie
Spicy Mango Tart
Pumpkin Pie (with brandy)
Red Grapefruit Lime Pie
Arc en Ciel (fruit tart)

I've also made a popular Peach Pie, but it's seasonal, so, probably not for a party in February.

I might introduce something new this year, just to keep everyone guessing. Feel free to make suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment